Monday, April 23, 2018

True Conversion and Transformation

In studying 4 Nephi I found a great quote from Richard G. Scott:

“Your happiness now and forever is conditioned on your degree of conversion and the transformation that it brings to your life.”
(Richard G. Scott, “Full Conversion Brings Happiness,” Ensign, May 2002, 25)

As you know, 4 Nephi takes place after the Savior has visited the Nephites. The people apply his teachings and become one...no more Nephites or Lamanites. They prosper in the land and rebuild many cities including Zarahemla. 

When we are truly converted and have a real transformation through the Atonement, we will be blessed and prosper too.
ou
The 49 verses in book cover almost 300 years of history. Towards the end of the book, you'll notice pride comes back and with it, wickedness. It's no wonder we are warned so much about pride.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a powerful quote by Elder Scott. Sometimes as a single person in the church it is hard to imagine that I can receive great happiness because everyone talks about how true happiness and the best happiness comes with marriage and children. So when you don’t have that in this life it can be hard to imagine that I can be happy without those things that supposedly bring the most joy possible in life. So I greatly appreciate that Elder Scott points out that anyone can have happiness based on your own personal conversion and what you do about your testimony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heathy,
      I completely understand how you feel. I sometimes feel the same way. Elder Boyd K. Packer in April 2014, which I think was his last conference talk said this: "Parenthood is a sacred privilege, and depending upon faithfulness, it can be an eternal blessing. The ultimate end of all activity in the Church is that a man and his wife and their children can be happy at home.

      Those who do not marry or those who cannot have children are not excluded from the eternal blessings they seek but which, for now, remain beyond their reach. We do not always know how or when blessings will present themselves, but the promise of eternal increase will not be denied any faithful individual who makes and keeps sacred covenants.

      Your secret yearnings and tearful pleadings will touch the heart of both the Father and the Son. You will be given a personal assurance from Them that your life will be full and that no blessing that is essential will be lost to you.

      As a servant of the Lord, acting in the office to which I have been ordained, I give those in such circumstances a promise that there will be nothing essential to your salvation and exaltation that shall not in due time rest upon you. Arms now empty will be filled, and hearts now hurting from broken dreams and yearning will be healed."

      We know that Heavenly Father fulfills the words of his prophets. I hope you find the same comfort in this that I do.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful message and sweet promise from a servant of the Lord. I most definitely find that very comforting, thank you Eric! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXeRFsMXn_k&feature=share This  is an amazing talk by Wendy Watson Nelson. There are a hundred impressi...